Find out how to make your production line or warehouse safer for humans.
Operational Programme Intelligent Development 2014-2020, Measure 1.1: “R&D projects of enterprises”, Sub-action 1.1.1: “Industrial research and development work carried out by enterprises”.
“Development of an innovative production process safety system based on the fusion of vision and thermal imaging technology – Thermosafety.”
01.06.2020 – 31.03.2023
Value of co-fundng:
Information about the project:
The project is co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund under the Operational Program Intelligent Development 2014-2020. The project is implemented under the competition of the National Center for Research and Development: Competition No. 6/1.1.1/2019 “Fast Track” for SMEs.
The aim of the project is to develop an innovative production process safety system based on the fusion of vision/ TOF and thermal imaging technology.
Unitem Sp. z o.o. intends to achieve its goal through the implementation of an R&D work plan including:
- creation of a laboratory prototype system that creates a precise 3D map of the supervised area and superimposes a thermal imaging image of objects with temperatures close to that of humans;
- development, training and testing of algorithms from the area of artificial intelligence classifying objects identified in the work area as “human – not human”;
- combining the above-mentioned functionalities into a single system and its testing of conditions simulating real conditions;
- final testing in real conditions.
The result of the project will be the development of an innovative safety system – ThermoSafety using the fusion of images from the far-infrared sensor (thermal imaging camera) and the depth map sensor (stereo camera system or time-of-flight (TOF) sensor, as well as a human identification module in the work area based on artificial intelligence algorithms. The fusion of the aforementioned modalities is expected to positively improve the quality of human (operator) classification in the work area and increase the effectiveness of the system, especially when operating in harsh environmental conditions. The system developed under the project will allow the definition of zones with different levels of safety. The system, together with the software, will be designed for safety monitoring in a variety of working environments, and its applications include:
- industrial robots designed to perform tasks in human-robot collaboration mode, the so-called cobots;
- production lines using robots or manipulators;
- testing of equipment prototypes;
- specialized machines with complex production processes for which the use of standard safety curtains is impossible or very difficult;
- large working machines operating in highly congested environments